Recipes: Chicken Stuffed with Pepperoncini & Goat Cheese
Prep Time: 25 minutes
What you need
4 ounces fresh goat cheese
¼ cup finely chopped pepperoncini
2/3 cup finely chopped Best Maid Sweet Jalapenos
1 ½ teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
Coarse salt and ground pepper
4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts (about 2 pounds total)
What you do
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, mash goat cheese with a fork until smooth. Stir in pepperoncini and thyme and season with salt and pepper.
3. With a paring knife, cut a 1-inch horizontal slit in thick end of each chicken breast. Using your fingers, create a deep pocket between meat and bone.
4. Tightly pack each pocket with about 2 tablespoons cheese mixture.
5. Heat a large cast-iron or other heavy ovenproof skillet over medium-high.
6. Pat chicken dry with paper towels, season with salt and pepper, and arrange in skillet, skin side down.
7. Cook 5 minutes. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until chicken is cooked through and skin is golden and crisp.
8. Flip chicken over in skillet and let rest 3 minutes before serving.